My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Saturday, August 19, 2006

geocaching what an adventure!

We took on our first geocaching adventure yesterday. We found 2 in Turkey Point, ON. to look for. The first one we thought we'd better pick an easy one. It wasn't too bad, it was a little more off the beaten path than we thought it would be but still a total adrenaline rush looking for it. It was WAY too buggy for our liking. The second one even warned us that it would be more challenging but we thought we'd give it a go... I personally would NOT have done that one without Steve. It was VERY hilly and the gound was mostly sand. I can't believe I didn't have the camera
Our GPS handheld was off by 15m on the first cache, but the second one was only off by 3m. I can't wait to go again, however, I think we'll go back to sticking with easy ones when the kids are with us ;)

If you are wondering WHAT on earth I'm even blogging about have a look. www.geocaching.com
I can best describe it as "hiking with a goal" or as Dawson calls it "treasure hunting". Either way it's really something we enjoy as a family!! yah!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home