My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Monday, July 28, 2008

new camera shopping

I'm becoming VERY frustrated. I have been learning and researching for a new digital camera. I want the 'greatness' of an DSLR but there are some features that I want that they don't offer. {sigh} I also don't want the price tag... So have been reading reviews until my eyes hurt. I've felt like I've been wasting SO much time at the computer it makes me sad.

So please spare me and leave a comment about what kind of camera you have/had love it, hate it? why? b/c I'm going CRAZY!

a few that are on my list are:
-Cannon Powershot S5 IS
-Nikon Coolpix P80
-Olympus SP550 or SP560

5 Comments:

Blogger marcibun said...

The Canon Powershot is the closest thing you'll get to a DSLR for the price. I had the S3 IS and I was happy with it - it took great photos, was relatively inexpensive and I love that I could take video with it - I used that feature alot.

The downside was that it took terrible photos inside in low light, and that was important to me so I got the Rebel.

5:52 p.m.  
Blogger Sherri said...

I LOVE my new camera. Not as pricey as the DSLR but has the features I wanted. sports mode, action/rapid shot. It's a canon cybershot. LOVE, LOVe, LOVE it.
Not quite as big as the DSL either.

6:10 p.m.  
Blogger Cindy said...

I got the Kodak ZD710 on the day after Thanksgiving last year and I love it. I especially love 10x optical zoom and the image stabilization. My only complaint is the slow shutter speed. That is one of the reasons I plan to get a dSLR in the future. However, I highly recommend my Kodak. Here's a link to the camera at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000SNTIVG/interactiveda8755-20

6:49 p.m.  
Blogger :::b r a n d i::: said...

I have a Kodak z712IS and while it's not fully a DSLR, it has manual settings so it can function as one. I don't use those settings much because I have no clue what to do with them. :) But I love my camera...it's got an awesome zoom and takes good photos.

12:37 p.m.  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

I have no idea, but I wanted to say hello. :-) I want a DSLR, but it will be a long long time until I can afford that. :-)

Beautiful pics, down below, Ally and Dawson are so cute. :-)

10:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home