My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

ya so I'm ok :)

I guess I was just being WAY too stubborn last night to listen ~ even tho' I still say that he was WAY out of line to just say "no!"

I'm going to give myself until Feb 29th to find 10 people that are willing to commit to a monthly purchase. I have tons of idea's and am FULL of excitement about this. however...

a bit of backgroung and where Steve is coming from:
-a while back I joined cock-a-doodle designs now known as TLC, when I joined I felt left in the dark over a LOAD of stuff and did NOT find myself enjoying the products and therefore found it more and more difficult to promote
-not long after Ally was born I joined CTMH and jumped in and was EXTREMELY pumped about it and knew that *I* could make it work. Well, I had I believe one phone call from my 'random generator' upline person and absolutely nobody in my VERY rural area was remotely interested in scrapbooking/stamping ~nothing! I ended up just giving up bothering to try any more.
-Still looking for a way to get other people interested in learning how to get started with scrapbooking and card making, I actually stumbled upon A.C Bailey Designs and it was and is a good company to find supplies -worked out especially good for me living in a VERY rural area, to get stuff shipped direct too!

Once we moved to the city I now find that I am more happy with INSTANT gratification and just go to my LSS when I need/want something...

HOWEVER! I still find this urge to want to show/teach others about the fun techniques and other details of scrapbooking and card making etc. Stampin' UP has an AWESOME hostess plan and seems to really have things all together for helping demonstrators.

ANYWAY - this is where I'm at with my decision. Live near me? interested in joining a stampers club? or hostessing a night out to play with ink? Please email me and let me know!!

5 Comments:

Blogger tina werner said...

hey jen, they dropped the minimum from $250 to $200 so that's good news... i'm doing my stamper group with only 4 people, but they are committed to spend $50 each month for 4 months. not too bad.

12:00 a.m.  
Blogger :::b r a n d i::: said...

Girlfriend, if you want to do it then you do it! I bet you could make it work. One of my best friend's is a SU! demo and she loves it.

1:36 a.m.  
Blogger {S} said...

I think you should go for it. SU! is a much more suitable company than the other places, and I still say A.C.B doesn't count!
Find those people to stamp with!!

3:05 a.m.  
Blogger marcibun said...

I wish I did leave closer so we could team up and take that area by storm!

Post flyers at the grocery store, the library and anywhere else that has a bulletin board.

Contact the Park & Rec district and see if they are looking for anyone to add a Stamping or Scrapbooking class to their catalog

See if you can get a weekly or monthly group going at your church.

I think if you can get just 6 people to commit to once a month then go for it - do a rotating hostess club where they all commit to spending $25 a month and each month a different person gets the hostess benefits.

2:02 p.m.  
Blogger Fuzzy White Dogs said...

Does your area have a Young Mom's Group? There's one that meets in the church where I work. Every month they have a speaker come in & discuss topics of interest.

Sometimes they teach them to make things - scrapbooking would be a perfect presentation for a group like that! Check around & see if there's a group like that around you... it'd be a great way to get some contacts! :-)

7:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home