My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Friday, April 27, 2007

New Concept~

Mmmkay, I'm refusing to admit that I am slowly becoming addicted to the Facebook craze! Last night I had this ~hairbrain~ idea to look up some of my elementry comrades and low and behold I found a few that *gulp* remember me! {not sure that it's a good thing or not} I had a VERY trying time in my youngers years. My mom was married to a JERK that had 2 sons from a previous entangle, and then between them they had my 1/2 sister. In that time period having a brady bunch family was NOT cool. I struggled with my identity and ended up not really feeling like I belonged. My mom was totally stoked on keeping the JERK happy and would do all she could to please him -including accepting abuse. It should have been obvious, but I guess it was something to keep hidden at that time. There were WAY too many times that I would NOT want to return after being with my dad for weekends, and that should have also been a wake up call... but it wasn't. As time dwindled, and I became a preteen and definitely missed out on the motherly nurturing that I desparately needed. I felt like I had to hide my changing self and I became VERY withdrawn in school -I went from an A/B student to a C/D/Inc. student. I would spend a lot of time outside or in my room. It's a good thing that I was able to "escape" on weekends to my dad's, where I didn't feel judged, I didn't feel like I had to wonder or worry about being yelled/sworn at or wacked upside the head. There were a lot of things that could have sent my life down a really shit road. Somehow, by the grace of God, we moved! It couldn't have been any more perfect timing. I left all the people that I had grown up with but had fallen out of friendships with. I felt like I was given a new chance. We moved out of the city and that summer I went on a vacation to PEI with my dad via motorcycle. We were in an accident -head on collision with a car- and again it was God's will that saved us.

Why on earth am I bringing this all about? well, I guess thinking of all the shitty things that happened in my life up to age 12, I just wanted to get it out. Thinking about how I can now look at pics and chat with some of the people I use to go to school with, it's pretty cool how my life turned out.

3 Comments:

Blogger {S} said...

cool post. pretty insightful.. you should scrap it. :~)
(((hugs)))

10:22 p.m.  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

You've been tagged! (and I haven't read the post, will be back, wanna see...)

12:14 p.m.  
Blogger TammyB said...

I'll bet you feel so much better getting all that out! I agree with Shannon - you should scrap it. Or at least put it in a journal.

BTW - How the heck have you been?

11:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home