My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

toasted praline peanuts VS. dog food

any guesses? -- go ahead, and swallow whatever you have in your mouth, otherwise you will *could choke*

So it's the snacking season... I LOVE peanuts. I found bags of "toasted praline peanuts" at Walmart for less than $2 for 450 g. They are sorta like beer-nuts... same idea anyway. The kids are sharing some with me, Dawson helps himself while I hand Ally 3-4 at a time (otherwise she'd just feed them all to the dog!) so anyway, while walking away with her "me-mutts" she dropped one and it's a golden rule in our house to NOT eat whatever hits the floor... TRUST ME! ;) So doing as she knows best, she hands over the dropped nut and continues on her merrily way... I noticed that she bent down and picked up something {I went ahead and ASSuMEd} that it was another dropped nut she then brought it to me as well... Without looking at what she put in my hand, I did the UNthinkable! I blew on them and popped them into my mouth! you can only imagine *MY* surprise when that nut had a VERY distinct unpleasurable texture... forget the TASTE! it was a piece of dry dog food.

ok, so while you are finishing up laughing AT me... {don't worry, I laughed at myself too} ;)

not really up to much, I need to get my son's teacher gift figured out!!

4 Comments:

Blogger marcibun said...

Thanks for the laugh! I really needed that.

10:25 p.m.  
Blogger {S} said...

Too funny!! Too bad you don't follow the rules!!

2:25 p.m.  
Blogger Fuzzy White Dogs said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing I wasn't drinking - I'd have blown pop out my nose!!

Ok, now for the big question: what DOES it taste like??

9:21 p.m.  
Blogger Laurie said...

oh wow that's too funny, mostly since it didn't happen to me!!!

12:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home