My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Sunday, December 03, 2006

where do I begin????

well, let's head back to friday for a moment...

I just HAD to comment to Steve about how low the lake was, I don't think I had seen it *THAT* low before, well talk about the "calm" before the storm! We had massive winds [not hurricane obviously] but still when you live at the lake you are always on the lookout. The water started to rise... higher, and higher.... then later I noticed it was starting to splash up onto the breakwall and then over the wall. It's nasty but seen it like that few times in the past, so not exactly a reason to worry. WELL! next thing I know the water is starting to REALLY come OVER the wall and creating a small puddle in the south east corner..that "puddle" grew into a pool and then the lake was literally AT our back door! I could not let the dogs out and the water was coming in around the door. That was around the time that our woodpile also washed out.

I have more to say but I have to go take care of kids and make supper....I'll edit later ;)

K, here's MORE of the story...

~so my mother in law came down and was convinced that the sunroom was going to be 'washed away' and that we'd be safer to stay at their house. So I figured sure, why not. I got a bit of a hand with the kiddo's and I got to scrapbook :)
Not to mention the dogs were able go outside without have to swim to land to take a pee. Oh did I mention that *I* was out in the water a couple times and it was FRIGID! there were a few things in the yard that needed to be 'rescued' aka Tonka Trucks!

So the water washed out parts of our road and 1/4-1/3 of our wood is now REstacked in a different spot. We had 5-6 cords of wood! talk about totally pissed off...
Dawson asked today "why do you think God sent such a storm?" ...to which I replied, "I guess he just wanted to clean up a bit".
Steve did majority of the work, but I tried to help him as much as I could. I think sometimes I get a little hard on myself seeing him doing so much and I'm "just" making supper, taking care of the kids, tidying up... It was kinda funny b/c I was out there helping for about an hour on and off and didn't he restack EVERY piece of wood that I piled up???? LOL -talk about anal eh? apparently there is a particular way to stack wood. sigh... so thankfully we have a portion of wood in the back room, in the wood box, on the porch and on the back "deck".

Thankfully tomorrow is a new day! :)

The kids and I are going to see Santa Claus and when you ask Ally what does Santa say she'll say "ho ho ho ho ho ho" it's cute! Then I think we'll go have a coffee and muffin with my grandma. I really haven't been to happy with the kids these days for shopping so I will probably refrain from doing any of *THAT*!

I have a good dent into the shopping, but still seems like I have a TON to do.

6 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Oh my goodness Jen. So is the Lake gone out of your yard?? Cam woudl ask why God made it thunder- I told him- he is re-arranging things..LOL. Hope the Santa trip went well!

2:27 p.m.  
Blogger daiva e said...

Wow! Glad to hear that you're back home. Take care and have fun with the Christmas shopping. I still don't know what I'm getting for some of the kids on our list... Just not motivated to go and shop lately.

4:06 p.m.  
Blogger TammyB said...

Looks like Mother Nature is really giving alot of us a hard time.

Did you get to take the kids to see Santa today? Pictures?? LOL!

8:47 p.m.  
Blogger {S} said...

did you go see Santa? I saw you called yesterday. So sorry I missed you!

12:22 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

I've just been thinking about you, and wanted to let you know. :) ((HUGS))

2:03 p.m.  
Blogger Liz said...

man oh man !!!
Hope you got to see Santa!!

5:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home