My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Sunday, August 26, 2007

learned something

I was having a supreme breakdown yesterday... I don't even want to begin to re-live how awful I felt. But I knew that I needed some time with Steve and withOUT the kids. I just felt like I was in a downward spiral and it was NOT looking good.
Steve took them out to his parents and I was able to sleep the whole night UN-interupted! I didn't get to sleep until after 1am and I did wake up at 6am but those 5 hours may as well have been 10 hours ~pure bliss~ then of course I couldn't fall back to sleep until nearly 8:30 but it was SO amazing! I think I need to organize my life and start being a more strict and responsible parent. I need to prioritize and spend quality time with the kids. {I'm going to try anyway} ;)

Today Steve and I not only slept in, but we went out for a leisurely breakfast at NOON! Then we went shopping without being bugged! We priced out windows, doors, fence... stuff the kids just don't have the paitience for. Then we went and looked at new sofa's and tv's. After that we bought Ally a new bed. Well, the mattress anyway. It's a twin size and we set it up just on the floor so that if (ahem, WHEN!) she rolls off it won't be too far of a "drop" ;)

After we got back home I cleaned the livingroom and kitchen while Steve made supper -yummy chicken wings- Now he is gone to pick the kids up and I'm thinking I am going to go bring the laundry downstairs and hopefully the dog didn't make a mess eating the chicken bones that I'm SURE she stole off the counter {BRAT!}

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Glad you got a break!

9:53 p.m.  
Blogger Laurie said...

sounds like you got a well deserved break, you need them regularly!!

9:50 a.m.  
Blogger :::b r a n d i::: said...

Yay for breaks without the kiddos!

11:11 a.m.  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

Good deal, I'm glad you had a day to just be with your hubby. Those are nice, I'm sure. :-) Sounds like you guys were super productive, too!!

11:15 a.m.  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

No, not so much into ATC's, but I had ideas for the last one, and for a variety of reasons, no time to do them. I'm considering joining the next one, but I'm going to MAKE the ATC's first, and then sign up! lol

11:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home