My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Sunday, October 22, 2006

you bring the cheese!

I'll provide the whine...

Not really just need to bitch for a spell, you can just ignore if ya want ;)

So we are still in the house/land hunting mode (or so I thought) I don't really know what the heck Steve is thinking these days -to be honest I'm not sure I WANT to know! ~sigh~ We need to start saving money. That's a given, who doesn't need to save money? well, imo, BEER is a waste of money. I have for the most part put on the brakes for ALL spending -except necessitites or the odd 'prize' from the freakin' DOLLAR store! So I mentioned that it would probably be best if he was to cut back on beer to just buying a case (24) on payday. Friday just past was payday -he came home with a case on Thurs. I did comment -it's not payday- he said, "I know, but I won't have to stop tomorrow night" -o.k- whatever... So, yesterday I was just biting at the bit to go scrapbook and have some much needed ME time... but I didn't go b/c I felt guilty that I'd be leaving him home with the kids blah blah blah. We actually had them both in bed at 8pm -a miracle!!! I mentioned that I was bored and REALLY wasn't interested in just watching tv... HINT HINT let's DO something? play cards... something? nope.
So 8:30 comes around and suddenly he feels the need to take some empties back... 8:45 still hasn't left yet... FINALLY he relizes that the store is about to close (@ 9) and scrambles up there. Comes home a good hour later (the store is a 5 min. or less drive!) ok, no big deal he stopped at Wiffer's for a bit -visited with brother and sil... After he got back home I was STILL not in a comatose -tv watching- mood. But I pried myself away from the computer and decided to just sit with him... Low and behold with a beer in hand {WHATEVER!} but I looked again and noticed it was with a different label than the case he bought on Thurs. I didn't see him bring a case of beer into the house... and he has to walk right by me to come in. He obviously KNOWS that I'd be kinda disgruntled to see yet another case of beer (yes this is 2 in 3 days) b/c I think he left it outside and "snuck" it in via the back room mini-door. {{HELLO???}}
ok, so ya I'm PISSED off... but I think it's b/c I was under the implication we are SAVING money for a house... not for EXTRA BEER?????? F#%K!

I am honestly just stumped! I could just go and DO so many things that would totally jack us right up... but I have my head on straight! I know that stupidity doesn't ever get anyone ahead. Right now, he should be home and I know that he is going to want to go and work on the car... I am planning to go out for a while. I'm DESPARATELY needing some time away from our kidlets ~whom...Dawson is ill I think with bronchitis and is missing a birthday party :( And Ally is sleeping and has lately become a little anti-shopper~

I just feel zoned... I really could use some time to do stuff that will help to lift me. And I just don't know what to do about our relationship right now. Our anniversary is coming up and I want to plan to do something a little bit special... only b/c we haven't really done anything since our 1st anni. and this is our 7th. (and can you believe it's also our 13th anni. of our first date?!)
Of course I keep thinking that saving money for a house is the best gift we could give one another but I think we need some time alone together to remind ourselves WHY we want to buy a house.

ok, gripe over :P

5 Comments:

Blogger {S} said...

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) how seriously frustrating. I'm sorry I don't have any advice, except maybe counseling. It could work wonders for you guys if you could "talk" and actually hear yourself through another's opinion. Also, what is really the issue? The money, the beer or the drinking?
I wish you peace. You are in my prayers.
love you!
S~

2:17 p.m.  
Blogger Jen Hoover said...

thanks Shan :)

we'll be in touch again soon!!

6:33 p.m.  
Blogger TammyB said...

I feel ya, Jen! Really I do =/ Guys are such (insert fav expletive here). I'm having DH issues too, as you know. Keep your head up!

5:17 p.m.  
Blogger Denise said...

So sorry Jen. I can't give you any real advice. All I can say is keep the lines of communication open. Maybe Shann is right- counseling? I think the issue is deeper than the beer. Keep the faith sweetie. {{{{Hugs}}}

9:08 p.m.  
Blogger Cindy said...

Jen, I am so sorry. I don't have a lot of good advice. But I am sorry you are having problems with Steve. I do have my opinion, but probably best to keep it to myself. (It's nothing negative against you though. No worries there.)

7:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home