My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Sunday, March 18, 2007

I promise

I'll start posting about my trip soon!!!

I have severe jet lag. I'm beyond tired and it seems like when I lay down I just can't relax...

k, well... here's the beginning:

My flight was out of Buffalo (NY) and after you go thru' security your family cannot go hang out with you without a boarding pass. So Steve and Dawson left us there. As it turned out the fog delayed our departure by 2 hours, which mostly sucked b/c I only had a 1-1/2 hr. layover in Atlanta (GA)
We FINALLY boarded and felt like we were packed in like sardines! -3 seats-aisle-2 seats- what they won't do for another buck! Thankfully we arrived, and yes I missed my connecting flight by about 20-30 minutes. So, they booked my flight to leave 12 hours later and gave me an "overnight" bag and sent me off to a motel -don't forget this is a CiTY! -and I am JEN! the country girl, and not to mention I have 18month old Ally in tow... So we are in this rather large airport, that you have to take a train/subway type thingy to get out of. Then you follow signs that included a letter/number AND color code -I TOTALLY cracked up b/c I figured WHO could possibly get lost?!? ~probably my mil!~ {giggle} Low and behold there were 2 other families from Toronto (ON) and one from Hamilton (ON) that were all going to be staying at the same motel as us [YAH!!]

k, so the motel ROOM was freakin' AWESOME! king size bed... fridge/stove/microwave/tv/iron/board/pull out couch-bed/a desk, it was just totally wicked!
but I was dog tired and thankfully Ally slept ALL NIGHT! :D
the service at the motel SUCKED LARGE! I asked for a wake up call for 6:30am and it never happened! good thing I woke up at 5:50am and had lots of time for breaky etc. We were waiting at the door of the kitchen and they NEVER did make breakfast. Heck, I'da been happy with coffee! I should have made some in the room. I did get a cup a the airport and I've been known to tolerate some shitty coffee... I threw it OUT! it was like warm water from a sestpond! DISGUSTING! I did have coffee on the plane that was only about 1/2 as bad, so I had 2 cups ;)

When we got to Sacramento... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OMGosh! it was absolutely incredible! I wanted to rip off my clothes and enjoy the warmth!!! ~but I didn't want to scare the birds ;)

I'll continue more tomorrow. It's SO honkin' cold that my fingers are getting numb.

2 Comments:

Blogger tina werner said...

so far so good... can't wait to read the rest.

glad you are safe and sound and that you had a good time.

10:33 p.m.  
Blogger Denise said...

welcome home sweetie! SO sorry about the BIG airport. I had to laugh though.. because it's so true. Now try LAX.. OH My DAWG.. they tell you.. it's 2 terminals down.. okay think LA & they have city blocks 2 miles long.. so yep the terminal was the same.. oh just a mile..LOL anyhoo look forward to hearing about your great time!! Hugs

12:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home