My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I think I'm caught up on sleep!

FINALLY! ~Even tho' Ally decided to have a party pretty much most of the night -grrr...

k, so where was I?

Shannon and Geo (along with Dylanie and Elly) picked us up and the first thing Ellyana said "BABY!!!!! for ME???" it was SO funny, and then she was practically falling out of her seat to attempt to reach Ally.

First stop.. STARBUCKS! :D and of course I really didn't have a clue what to order, and then Shannon got me a HUGE HONKIN' ice coffee that apparently I really must have needed, b/c it was GONE-ZO! LOL and here I thought it was "too big" {blush}

After we got to their house, which was breath takingly awesome! the one room that is RED, was so... inviting -I wish we would have sat in there more. Heck, I just wish I could have done ANYTHING there MORE! :D
I showered, felt human again and then we went out to pick up a few things -target- I needed flick-flocks ;) as well as a few more clothes for Ally. And had I have known that Shannon's idea of shopping was different than mine, I would have looked around more for clothes pour moi! :D
I brought enough capri's but I had planned to buy more tops while there... but no worries. I remained clothed the entire time. Dylanie gave up her bed for Ally and I and man, you know that feeling of "I can't wait to get home to sleep in my *own* bed? I didn't have it ONCE.

Since we didn't get there until Sunday when we orginally should have been there Saturday night, it sort of seemed like we missed an entire day. But none the less we went SCRAPBOOK shopping! :D ~I just felt so... "I'm in CALIFORNIA totally hanging out and shopping with Shannon... is this REALLY REAL?!?!?!" ~while she kept saying, "are you ok?" LOL I was just like, "uh, yah!" I was BEYOND, just "o.k" I do really wish that Ally would have either totally been NORMAL, or that I could have left her home. So for my birthday, Shannon, Elly, Ally and I went to this big scrapstore I found a few things probably nothing that I *need* just want... you know how it goes :D
Then we went to Fuddrucker's they make a HUGE hamburger and they have CHEESE that you can put on or dip your fries!!! ....YUM.... it wasn't quite as a 'happening' place there as it seems to be in Buffalo NY, but it sure was delicious!
We went to Joann's and Michael's (actually both places a couple times) and we totally scored on silk flowers for 1/2 price!! I can't wait to have time to indulge. Shannon did a Rockin' awesome layout with some of her silks, I can't wait to see it totally finished :) [are you going to put it on your blog?]
We ate like QUEENS! omg... we had steak for supper- that they cooked in the OVEN and it was SUPER YUMMY!!! my mom use to cook steak in the oven it was gross! so of course I was skeptical.
Wednesday we just laid low, I had HOPED big time that we'd have time to create stuff while Ally SLEPT... {eye roll- RIGHT!} we tried, I swear... we tried! I got to ooh and gooo over my goodies :D but that's about it. We had Shannon's homemade fried chicken that was better than any I've ever had, and I attempted to make poutine, but the gravy turned out a bit thicker and saltier than it should have been. It's kinda tricky to get good poutine gravy just right... I usually make it from the roast drippings, so to just make it from scratch,well, let's just say I let Shannon do it :P I think it didn't really seem to impress, they'll have to come here to have it again...
Thursday we headed out to see Old Sacramento.
It was a neat place with old buildings that were souvineer shops. We had fun and I totally could have kept going and going, but we ran short on time. We had a bit of a lunch issue, it took too long (waiting for our table, then waited for our order to be taken, then waited for our food.... then never did see our waiter more than once) Shan took care of THAT! LOL did everything short of telling him off including no tip. He seriously sucked! -and yes, Lanie and I thought he was gay :P
So while we shopped we found out that Jordan had an injury while lifting weights at school. He ended up with fat lips and stitches :(
We just went home and had pizza. I got a few things, but totally would have kept shopping.

Overall, I still feel like the entire trip was "a dream". I would LOVE to go back, I think with Steve tho' and no kids. I'd love to see SanFrancisco next time, this trip didn't permit ;) But I really had envisioned this trip to just hang out and enjoy time with Shannon :) And I feel like that is what we did -well, except for my cling-on :P

trip home -the flight to Chicago (IL) was 3-1/2 hours, and the landing was a bit shaky. You could really feel the tension and could probably cut it with a knife. It seriously had me praying!
Then we had a 3 hour layover at the O'Hare airport and it really wasn't bad at all. It {apparently} is a MASSIVE place, but I landed in the 'B' terminal and our departure was from 'C' so it was only about a a mile walk away ;) Once we found our gate and I had myself mapped out, I felt like I could relax and so we went and had lunch, walked around and then relized that our flight was pretty much one of the ONLY flights that wasn't cancelled to Buffalo -apparently a storm was hitting the east coast. We left on time, landed on time and ya it was snowy, but not really BAD... we got to Buffalo (NY) at around 8:30pm and Steve picked us up at 9:00pm -nothing like having your hubby WAITING for you? {ya that was a snarly} then once we crossed the border it was after midnight before we got home! INSANE snowy roads that weren't plowed at all. But we made it! :D

I keep thinking of more and more things to write about... there were these barn swallows that decided to camp out under the facia at the sidedoor apparently they left the day after we did!

and here's a cool glimpse I got of Lake Tahoe from the plane.

I can't WAIT to go back!!

3 Comments:

Blogger marcibun said...

O'hare is just a teeny bit larger then the Buffalo airport!

3:12 p.m.  
Blogger Jen Hoover said...

LOL a TEENY bit???? LMBO ya, right! :P

3:23 p.m.  
Blogger Liz said...

oh Jen sounds Like you had a fab time!!!!!!
SOunds like Shnnon and her family are amazing=0)

3:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home