My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Thursday, September 20, 2007

making decisions about making decisions

That's what I'm up to these days. I've been thinking of some ideas lately, of course all to make money. I need to figure out which path is the best for me to follow right now... there are a few things that I want to pay for and would really like to feel a bit more comfortable financially. I've thought of asking or mentioning to the one neighbour about babysitting -right now they have child care but it's far from home and work for each of them. I also have pondered the idea of applying at Tim Horton's... I'm not sure that the one right near our place is hiring and I wouldn't want to be far from home... of course Steve is NO help in this matter at all. He is looking at it from the *BiggeR* picture and wonders how I will be able to manage. He is partly right, but I think he is also trying to protect me too much. I told him if it didn't work out... then I'd have to give it up. I can't see the child care option not working out... the little girl and Ally would surely have fun together. And it wouldn't be M-F due to shift work etc.
that's what I've been up to ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger marcibun said...

Hmmm - tough one. Looking after someone else's child is alot of responsibility and something you really need to think about before jumping into it. What would you do if there was an accident and you had to take the child to the hospital? What if Ally or Dawson are sick but you still have to look after the other child? What about going on vacation? Working at Timmy's sounds like a lot less stress and hassel and hey, free donuts!

11:12 a.m.  
Blogger tina werner said...

i agree, tim's might be a good choice... it'll get you out of the house and socializing with people your own age... kwim? something that everyone needs. i say go for it!

6:52 p.m.  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

Hmm... good luck making a decision! If he's worried about you managing it all, that just means he needs to step in and do some more helpin'! ;-)

I would just be worried with liability watching after someone else's child...

8:21 p.m.  
Blogger daiva e said...

I have to agree that taking in someone else's child is something to think about long and hard. In addition to all the responsibility and liability issues, have you thought about how hard it would be with 3 kids? I know that my two are about all I can handle. Sometimes when there's a friend over, things go well, but there are times when I count down the minutes until they go home. And Adam used to get jealous if I watched a neighbor's child... Tim's might be a simpler solution -or any other retail type of thing. Good luck, sweetie.

9:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home