My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

day ....4?

ok, I've had enough of this shananigans! we have been ~doing~ Christmas now since dec. 23... is it over YET?

After a delicious eggs benedict breakfast, we had a buffet array of 'junky' type foods with Steve's family on the 23rd, then again at my mom's on the 24th, on the 25th, we prepared eggs benedict again here at our abode. It's been a Hoover family tradition that I intend to keep up, the only difference is that as Steve was growing up they were only allowed to open their stockings before breakfast... then had to wait to eat to open up all their gifts. *OUR* kids... Ha! I'd be begging for mental institution lock up before the freakin' back bacon was cooked! So we ate AFTER gifts were opened up. The kids got lots of loot {good thing I unloaded 5-6 big garbage bags about a month ago}

Steve decided {apparently I agreed at the time} that we weren't going to exchange gifts this year b/c he bought a motorcycle and I got my african grey parrot... well, of course I went ahead and got him a couple things (new shoes, cologne and a little ornament thing) ...he had some plans to get us a new computer! I had a sneaky suspiscion that he was up to something but I didn't know what. So today, he set the alarm for 5am and was out there in the boxing day kerfuffle looking to score the best deal. He came home around 7am and had no luck, so he got online and found a deal. It should *hopefully* be here by next week... wahooooooooo!!! He said I will be able to try out digital scrapping, however, I need to learn more about how and what program I need etc.

gotta run along now... :sigh: I have decided to STAY HOME today! there is yet ANOTHER potluck at Steve's parents today ~I'm done!

OH! Steve's parents got us the flooring for the basement!! We are going to clean and paint the panelling I think we have agreed on green, but the paint isn't picked/bought yet...

4 Comments:

Blogger marcibun said...

You're lucky to have family so close by to get to do all the fun celebrations. I really miss that. I'm with you about wanting it over though, I'm ready to jsut get on with the new year.

6:03 p.m.  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

Sounds fun! And awesome re: new comp and new floor!

8:02 p.m.  
Blogger {S} said...

whoo hoo!! Merry Christmas!
Congrats on the computer and flooring!
Miss you!

9:43 p.m.  
Blogger {S} said...

update!?!?!??!

10:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home