My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Monday, February 25, 2008

ok, I'll spill...

I know that I have baffled at LEAST 2 of my loyal blog readers ;) LOL

I have 2 children - not including my husband... or dog or parrot. Well, they are rather, uhm... demanding! and to be frank annoy the CRAP out of me. It doesn't help that my husband drinks beer.

just for an example I have have been trying to write this for the past - 10 minutes. I have been interrupted 3 times by my kids b/c they think they OWN me and my life. WHAT THE HECK!?

I just get to the point of complete anger and rage especially more so when the husband is sitting and watching tv. I feel like I have absolutely ZERO time for ME! have I mentioned that I don't even get to go "potty" without somebody having a meltdown?? I mean COME ON people, *I* too am human. I too deserve a FREAKING BREAK... no?

anyway, so ya Saturday night was a little problem for me... *I* wanted time to myself - ya imagine that eh? well... let's just say Ally was having a melt down and I tried and tried to just wait it out to see how long it would take before the daddy would step up. He never did... and we ended up in a heated arguement that lead to him taking action towards throwing out all my scrapping supplies and then to me not wanting to EVER scrap again. I was ready to start listing it all for sale.

I still feel aloof about it but I guess I'll keep it for now. I just need to reprioritze my schedule around here. Apparently the children and husband come first - and then me. Sad huh? sad... I guess it's true tho' to a certain extent. One day I will look back and "miss" these days apparently. so in a nutshell I may or may not be keeping up with scrappin' *at least on the weekends ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Jen I'm so sorry, that's really not the way it should be but you have to do what works for you. ((hugs)) does he feel differently when he's not been in the beer? that might have had a lot to do with it. ((((HUGS)))) you know I'm an email or IM away if you need me

1:00 p.m.  
Blogger TammyB said...

(((hugs))) I can sympathize. I've been there, done that so if you need to talk, just let me know. Heck, my kids are teenagers and they still are still clingy and can't leave me alone for very long. I hope you and DH can resolve some of this. It's not healthy. Maybe you can plan a dinner out, get a babysitter, and talk. I always got a better response doing this because Dave would never, ever loose his temper out in public. No one ever knew what was going on. But I'm getting off track....take the time to take care of yourself. ((more hugs))

4:47 p.m.  
Blogger marcibun said...

Don't you know that scrapping is ALL about YOU? Its just you spending time making pages about you so that you can remember all the great times you had! ROLLSEYES.

Yes, we need to do our housework, but the hubbies who work outside the house need to remember that being a SAHM is a FULL TIME job that NEVER ends. We can't leave and go to "our job" because we're already there - 24 hours a day.

Scrapping may be a hobby, but its a hobby that STILL puts others before ourselves because we do it to show them how much we love them and to save the memories that our parents didn't save for us. A hubby who can't see that needs to wake up and turn on the sensitivity chip!

5:38 p.m.  
Blogger daiva e said...

Sorry it's been rough on you lately. I don't feel like I can get much scrapping done on weekends either, unless I leave the house (or the boys are asleep). Is there an lss you could go to on a regular basis to crop so you could have some alone time? If not an lss, anywhere that's not home? I find that it works better for me. I schedule it and stick to the schedule. DH knows I'll be gone and is ready to take on the boys.

9:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home