My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Saturday, October 07, 2006

I don't know...

I just don't know if I want to laugh, scream or cry. I am really feeling left out of this entire family right now. I busted my ass to get everyone and everything "just so" right up til the minute we were walking out the door. I didn't even have my hair done up or make-up on :( Steve was complimenting me and I wanted to crawl into a hole :( I am so hurt by all the crap that has gone on... more like NOT gone on for us. My most wonderful hairdresser knows how broke we are and came and did my hair up for me as we were just picking the key for the church building up at mil's. Steve seems pretty pissed off that I took her up on the free offer... I'll have to make her a little something, it was just WAY too kind of her :) I got many compliments on my "dress" I guess it turned out alright (yah!!) I got walked down the aisle by a guy that is my bil's friend -that I use to have a MAD-DOG crush on- LOL {drool}
So my kids were the only 2 invited to the wedding, they were alright before the ceremony, then Ally decided that thru' the entire 10min. ceremony she was going to be vocal ...bugger! then was good as gold again right afterwards. Dawson was being annoying but I guess that shouldn't surprise me at this point!
I have such mixed emotions... I feel really hurt that while everyone involved in the wedding is having pictures taken I feel like I'm not a part of the family at ALL! Here am at home with the kids and the only pictures that were taken of the kids and/or I are of whatever family snapped of us. There isn't a single picture -and there won't be of us all dressed up as a family. There won't be a picture of Dawson and Ally with Uncle Dave or Aunt Jenn... It might sound like no big deal to some people but I'm a very sentimental person and not to mention a scrapbooker. These moments are once in a life time moments and they are now gone! It just breaks my heart that I feel SO left out. Daws and Ally both are going to stay home now while I return for the reception. AND! if I wasn't feeling lowly enough I come to find out that the table we are at for the supper is going to be just Steve and I now... great huh? sigh... I just want today to be OVER! :(
Dave looked pretty nervous today, but Jenn seemed quite at ease. They both looks fabulous. But again... I had no camera and my hands full so I have not 1 single picture of this occassion.

I hope the food is good!

4 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Hugz Jen-
I am so sorry about the wedding and how you felt left out. In a way I get that. Dan's nephew he had NO FAMILY photos taken. The only ones are of what my BIL took. I had some really nice ones of Cam- Dan & I on MY camera.. but when I loaded-- or THOUGHT I loaded them on the computer...well they are MIA. I was soo mad. I still am as a matter of fact. I wish I coudl come by & take you out for a pitcher of Margaritas or anything your heart desires. Nice to hear the kids were good. I never understood why on a celebration like a wedding you don't want family photos. But maybe with so much going on no one really thought it bothered anyone or anyone would notice. ANyhoo- hugs to you sweetie.. Love ya!

8:29 p.m.  
Blogger Jen Hoover said...

thanks Denise :D

It's all good... probably b/c it's OVER!!! WHOOOHOOOO!! LOL

I got a TON of compliments on my outfit, so that made up for all the crappy stuff ;)

I deliberately did NOT even BRING my camera in. Mainly b/c I didn't have enough hands to juggle everything/one.

2:17 a.m.  
Blogger {S} said...

((((((big hugs)))))) so sorry girly!You survived! :~)

2:21 a.m.  
Blogger Cindy said...

I'm so sorry Jen. And I kind of know how you feel, because of a past wedding I attended. (Don't want to be more specific on the off chance they saw this comment.) Anyway, I hope you have a great week this week.

8:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home