My Photo
Name:
Location: confusion -ALWAYS!, Canada

1/2 human other 1/2 -unknown 30'something and wife of 1 mother of 2

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

not just words!

What better a place to get some of my frustrations out...right?
Something that drives me ABSOLUTELY insane, is when you hear people use phrases like "oh my G-d" or "Jesus Christ" when they are taken in vain. It's absolutely heartbreaking, yet on the radio and on tv you hear it constantly... and they bleep or fade out words like "son of a bitch" or "asshole" or others along that line. I really just don't GET IT! I think that if society won't accept cursing words than words that are Godly should be treated equally.

I wish that there was somehow that it could be made known that there ARE some words that are just NOT meant to be used vulgarly.

5 Comments:

Blogger {S} said...

I agree, but at the same time I am guilty of using the phrase, OMG! or "gawd!" quite often. I do not intend it to be vulgar, offensive or disrespectful to Him. It's just a bad habit of mine.
However, I never use the "JC" phrase though, I do find that offensive. I will never understand the approval guidelines for T.V.

1:58 a.m.  
Blogger CandyScraps said...

I totally agree Jen!! Good for you to take a stand. Those holy names are treated *as* holy in our household. :)

10:24 a.m.  
Blogger Jen Hoover said...

S... I also type OMG -meaning quite literally OH my GOSH or sometimes just simply Oh My HECK /CRAP!

NEVER do I use that ACTUAL phrase :)

2:33 p.m.  
Blogger Jen Hoover said...

Candy...

you know I just wish that more people would find it NORMAL to see it as WORSE than cuss words ;)

2:34 p.m.  
Blogger Denise said...

I agree- yet I am one of those who will use the phrase OMG and G*d dammit.. not a lot on that one.. but I do. I know I shouldn't & why I do?- have no idea I don't mean as being disrespectful- yet it is. Now & then I do say Sweet Jesus.. I never thought of that being disrespectful.. but then again others may find it that way. Now my fav curse word... Oh Sh*t ...

2:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home